-->

Ads Bidvertiser

Monday, March 24, 2008

Lower links

Now to make the lower links of the 4 link system. My entire plan comes together here- I want to make the split wishbones function as bottom links without losing the look of a split 'bone. Hopefully no hardcore traditional rodders are watching- I am about to butcher a set of '36 bones. But I still plan to use the spring hangers, and everything should look clean when done.



This shows the bushed end of a GM A-body lower control arm, the one I sourced (scrounged) from a 1970 Oldsmobile rear axle housing. I got both arms and cut them down to this width. I will make the axle brackets rather than use the Olds ones.



Band-sawing the ends off.



Spring hanger and rest of forged end is all cut up!



Approx fit of bushing end.



Welding it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment